Brown’s Bakery

First built in 1889 and rebuilt in 1913 the building signifies its association with Dutch migrants who introduced European style bakery products to the region and across Tasmania. The interior features a Blackwood and Oregon timber staircase, and a pressed-metal ceiling in one room. It also features the only intact original fireplace displaying art nouveau carving on its Blackwood mantelpiece.